Monday, January 16, 2012

Acting Out Sounds

Learning Objective – Acting out Sounds
Let the children act out sound words. Make up a sentence using a sound word.

Instead of saying the word, let the children make the sound and move accordingly. For example:

First there were small raindrops and there was loud ---------(thunder sounds)

I see a fire...here comes the ---------. (fire engine sounds)
The drummer was playing on the ------. (drum sounds)

Ideas that take this activity to the next level:
For building confidence
- “Let’s make some like thunder sounds, some fire engine sounds and some drum sounds.

For developing the idea – What sounds do you make in the morning? (wash face, brush teeth, drink milk)

For moving forward - What are some of the sounds that you hear at your house?

Book Suggestion - Bow Wow! Meow! A First Book of Sounds (Little Golden Book)

=======================================

Learning Objective – Understanding Vocabulary
This rhyme helps toddlers understand and use vocabulary.

Say the following rhyme and point to each part of the body.

You are also saying words that begin with the same sound

I’ll touch my chin, my cheek, my chair
I’ll touch my head, my heels, my hair
I’ll touch my knees, my neck, my nose

Then I’ll bend and touch my toes.
Ideas that take this activity to the next level:
For building confidence
-“Let’s name all the words in the rhyme that start with “nnn sound..”

For developing the idea – Where is your neck? Where are your knees?

For moving forward - Let’s look in this book and find someone’s neck, knees and nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment